Wednesday, February 1, 2012

And She’s Back!

Ahhhh….that was nice.

As fast as it comes it’s over – but it was all I was hoping for.

A chance to just relax.

To put the world aside for a few days and just soak in the sun and my husband.

I loved San Diego.  I had been through the area before but had never spent much time there.  There is just something about basking in the sun, being completely enveloped in warmth…it was just so exhilarating.  I didn’t even realize I was craving it until I had the opportunity to soak some in!

Chris and I crammed a lot in to our few days there, but at the same time both felt like we weren’t running the entire time either.  

When we arrived on Thursday the first thing we were greeted with was flashing lights and an order to exit the airport as there was a reported fire.  We had to head outside to the sunshine and palm trees (bummer).  It didn’t take long before we were allowed to re-enter the building, but in the mess of having to shut things down the conveyer belts for the baggage were having a difficult time turning back on, so we had to wait about 45 minutes for our bags to arrive.  That was the biggest headache of our entire day of travel though, so I would say it wasn’t any big deal.

We got our rental car and checked in to our hotel, which we booked on Hotwire.  It was a beautiful place – but certainly didn’t come with many free amenities. Smile  Parking alone was $32 a night.  Maybe I’m just a country bumpkin, but that seemed a tad bit high to me!  Our rental alone was only $16 a day!

That night we went to a restaurant recommended to us by the rental car agent.  It was called Café Coyote and was located in Old Town San Diego.  The food was amazing.  Chris and I both said that we felt it was the most authentic Mexican food we had ever eaten..

We spent Friday north of the city in the area of La Jolla and the Torrey Pines State Park.  We were able to hike on trails right on the cliffs alongside the ocean.  We then went to La Jolla where we ate lunch at an outdoor café called Cody’s.  After lunch we walked along the water and saw a bunch of seals that had come up on shore to sun themselves.

More to come…but my head needs to hit the pillow.

Most of the pictures from the beginning of the trip are on Chris’s computer, so I will get them transferred and on here “soon.”

Smile

1 comment:

  1. Oh all of those places you mentioned hold so many memories for me! I love San Diego and the San Diego airport is my favorite - but sorry about the wierd turn of events you had there!

    So glad you and your husband got to get away and enjoy some sun! Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails