Friday, June 29, 2012

Summertime

I have exactly 15 minutes before Buzz is going to turn green and my boys will be bounding down the steps.  So 15 minutes is exactly how long I have to write this post!  Ready, set, go!

This is going to be a hodge podge of all that has been going on in our little home these past couple weeks.  I am loving summer! I feel like it is moving way too fast. We have been way too busy, gone to something every single day, but we have been having a lot of fun!

IMG_2652

The boys have been attending a sports camp for the past three weeks. It just wrapped up yesterday.  They learned some of the basics of how to play football, soccer, track and field, baseball, and a few new outdoor games.  They loved it!  Grayson is pictured above with his teachers.  Ethan was “too shy” to have his picture taken.  As you can probably tell the teachers are identical twins.  All I could do was watch them and think about Ethan and Grayson some day being that size, and hopefully still being as close as these two appear to be.  Such kind, gentle men.  Grayson adored them.

IMG_2631

Grayson is on the extreme left with the white t-shirt and hat on.  Ethan is on the extreme right with the same outfit on.

IMG_2638

Yesterday the kids had coordinating shirts on.  One of them says, “I scream.”  Another says, “You scream.”  The third says, “We All Scream for Ice Cream.”  They came from a cousin of mine. So cute and perfect for a hot summer day!

IMG_2441IMG_2455

We went to a parade last weekend in our hometown.  This was the kids first parade! Can you believe that! I don’t know how we hadn’t been to a parade with them in the past few years, but it just had never worked out!  They loved it, especially when they saw that candy was included in the fun!

IMG_2460IMG_2489

IMG_2493

IMG_2577

Ethan and Grayson have grown up so much these past two weeks with two pretty major milestones. 

1. They are completely out of diapers.  They had been wearing pull-ups to bed, but as of three nights ago they have been wearing their underwear and staying dry all night.  After 3 1/2 years of thousands of diapers it is awesome to know that they are behind us!  They are pretty proud of themselves!

2. They have decided that they are too big for baths and have started taking showers. They are very independent and like to soap up their own loofah (my computer is not recognizing this word – but I think that’s what it’s called so I’m going to go with it!) and scrub their own bodies. They still need a little help from Mom and Dad, but they do great on their own and even let the water run over their face!  That is a huge step for them!  I am loving the time it saves on bath time!  They are in and out of the shower in less than 10 minutes each, where as before bath time seemed like a much longer experience!

IMG_2386

My glasses have seen better days.  The other day as I was assisting Ethan in the shower I asked Grayson to lay my glasses on the counter for me.  He instead laid them on the floor where I proceeded to step on them rendering them busted.  July 19th is my scheduled Lasik date.  Yes, I am taking the plunge!  My glasses are tied together with string to keep them on my face, and I have decided that I can handle three more weeks before the surgery.  I had my detailed exam yesterday and all is a go!  I can’t imagine after 24 years of glasses and contacts that I may be able to see without them! 

IMG_2242

We went strawberry picking with a friend and her kids.  I turned the entire lot in to strawberry jam.  I love having a freezer full of jam!  The boys found a mud puddle. I wish I had pictures of it, but I was way too busy trying to decide what to do in completely covered children that I couldn’t fumble around with my camera.  We went to Dairy Queen and I let them come in like that.  What kind of mother am I?  They literally looked like Pig Pen and left a muddy trail wherever they walked.  Sigh.

IMG_2092IMG_2087

We have been doing lots and lots and lots of water time.  It has been hot here and we have been staying wet!  On this particular day we had no suits along, but that splash park was just too inviting so I let the kids go ahead and get wet.  They didn’t seem to mind!

I will try to be back soon with a post about my wonderful husband of 11 years!  11 years tomorrow!

Sorry about the dry post full of pics – but my time is up!  Here they come! Smile

6 comments:

  1. I had lasik surgery about 7 years ago. I haven't regretted it a bit! It has been wonderful to leave the glasses and contacts behind. You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited! It helps even more to hear from people who have had it done as well! It gives me incredible comfort!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous29.6.12

    You are going to love the lasik surgery!!! I am SOOOO proud of the kiddos and all of their accomplishments!!! I am excited to eat some strawberry jam, too, my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Love you guys and will be seeing you SOON!!!! :) :)

    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Mary! There is plenty of jam here waiting for you!!

      Delete
  3. great pictures Beth!! Precious precious precious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails