Saturday, September 11, 2010

Update

We took Adelyn in for her 2 week check up yesterday. By the words of the Dr - "She is perfect!" I said, "I'm so glad she's doing good!" He said, " I didn't say good...I said PERFECT!" So there you have it! I'm good with that!

She is now weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz. She was 7 lbs. 15 oz. at birth, and dropped to 7 lbs. 4 oz. when she left the hospital, - so she has caught up and gone over. That gave me such reassurance that things are going well in the area of breastfeeding. This is a whole new ride for me, as with the boys I exclusively pumped and fed them with bottles from the time they were in the NICU. I knew exactly how much I was pumping, exactly how much they were eating, and it was completely calculated and figured out.

With her it's been more of a guessing game. Is she getting enough? Is she getting a full feeding? Is her tummy really full? Am I making enough milk for her? Blah, blah, blah.... So, it was really good to see that she is filling out, having many wet and poopy diapers a day, and all in all just growing up! I'm just trying to let my body do it's thing and not worry about it!

She has been a pretty good sleeper since she's come home for the most part. We're still trying to get to know each other, so I won't say I have her completely figured out yet! As my friend Kristy said, she is still just trying to get to know herself! For the most part though she has been going down around 10:30. I have been waking her up again around 2 to eat, and then I put her back down and wake her up again about 6:30. There has only been one night so far where she has woken up on her own and cried out...the rest have been peaceful. I am completely going to knock on wood on that one because I know we have a LONG way to go yet....but so far so good!

My little boys are doing just fine as well. They are talking up a storm and changing every day. They make us laugh constantly and are the best of little buddies. They have started developing their own language and can communicate together. They have a certain word they use when they want to exchange toys. It sounds kind of like "Mama", but it works for them. One little boy will approach the other with a book or another toy, they will exchange a few words, and then they will switch without a fuss or a whine! They love to do it at the dinner table too and switch their milk cups back and forth throughout the entire meal.

Whenever Grayson sees me breastfeeding Adie I tell him that she's eating. He looks at me and says "No." He thinks I am confused, because we all know we eat at the kitchen table, not hooked on to Mommy!

Another cute story about the boys. The other day they were at MawMaw's again and were going down for their nap. As you can imagine they climbed right on out of those pack and plays within minutes. Chris's mom entered the room and Ethan must have heard her coming. When she opened the door he was desperately trying to climb back in to the crib before he got in trouble! He did not get out again, but his brother on the other hand got out three more times before MawMaw finally told him that she would have to call his Daddy! He didn't get out again after that! I tell you, these boys understand a lot more than we give them credit for sometimes! Little monkeys!

This morning Chris, his parents, and the boys are off to the local tv station kids carnival. There are going to be over 100 vendors with activities, games, free food, etc. It should be a great time for all of them. Adie and I are staying home and having some quiet time together on this cool Saturday morning. I am sitting here in a sweatshirt and jeans! Love this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails