Friday, July 16, 2010

So Thankful

Yesterday morning I went in for another check up of our little girl. They wanted to do a detailed ultrasound and get some weight estimates as well as recheck my cervix via ultrasound again.

I have been battling fear and anxiety some the past week thinking ahead to this appointment. I was nervous that things perhaps would be even worse, and of course my mind begins to jump to the possibility of needing to be put on bed rest in the hospital, or the fear of her coming now at just 32 weeks. This past Wednesday though I had some dear girlfriends pray with me before this appointment. It really helped me to have such peace going in yesterday morning.

So - I went in for my ultrasound. They checked her first and found that she is still completely and totally frank breech. Her little tooshie is just pushing on my bladder and her arms and feet are just hanging out above her head! Luckily, since we are planning a c-section for September 2nd I don't have to be too concerned about it - she just doesn't seem very comfortable to me!

They took measurements of her head circumference, her abdomen, and her femur. With those measurements combined they approximate her weight to be about 4 pounds, 8 ounces right now. I was so excited about that! I thought that I looked too small yet to be carrying around a four pound baby, but maybe that's just because I am used to carrying around 2 of them! She is measuring in the 58th percentile, so she is just a perfect little thing! We are so thankful!

They also checked the amount of amniotic fluid around her and found it to be just the perfect levels.

They then checked my cervix. 2 weeks ago my cervical length was 27 mm. 2 weeks prior to that it had been 35. When they checked it yesterday it had gone back up to 39! That is an amazing change for the better! Bed rest is definitely working and paying off. Even with me pushing down on my belly and creating pressure the numbers barely changed! I was so excited...nearly giddy! Thank you Lord!

We are hopeful and anticipating that as long as I keep off my feet and continue to take it easy this little lady should have no problem riding out this pregnancy for quite a long time to come still and just stay put and keep packing on the pounds!

The Dr. said that in a few weeks if things continue to go well I may be able to get off bed rest, but I am not sure if I will want to! If I can keep her inside until 39 weeks and allow her to grow and grow and grow, that is exactly what I want to do!

Belly pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is such good news! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails