Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Things I Don't Want to Forget

The smell of coffee filling our living room at 6:30 this evening, although it was already set for the morning, after some little hands hit the 'on' button.

The way that Ethan loves the song "We Are the Dinosaurs" by the Laurie Berkner Band. He will march all around the house and sing "We Ahh DiSaurs Marshin Marshin..."

The way that Grayson demonstrates his understanding of the rules of his big boy bed. Tonight on the couch, out of the blue, he said "No Up! Go Seep! Lay Down!" The entire time he is saying the rules he is shaking his head back and forth and shaking his finger. Oh my, I wonder where he learned that from?

We made sock puppets yesterday. Ethan named his Ama. I asked Grayson if his was named Bapa. He said, "No. Puppet." Of course!

They ripped the wiggly eyes off their puppets a few minutes later, saying "Owie eyes," so that was the end of that fun.

Adelyn rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time this morning! She got a bit caught up on her arm underneath her, but she was pretty proud of herself.

I took a 1 1/2 hour nap in the recliner with my baby girl today. When I woke up she was still sound asleep so I spent about ten minutes just studying her tiny nose, eyelashes, cheeks, lips...

The boys have a new game now (taught my Daddy) to hide in the kitchen pantry closet. They jump out and growl and then switch. They take turns doing this over, and over, and over (and over) again.

They are doing really great in their beds. I feel like we are finding our groove and they are gaining a better understanding of how this new freedom works. We have found that putting Ethan in our bed to sleep and putting Grayson in his bed for nap time works wonders (thanks Cheryl!). They have been falling asleep the past few days without any problem or intervention from me and then napping for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

We move in less than two months. It isn't sinking in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails