Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Horse's Back

is where I am climbing back up.

It's been a wild ride, I got bucked off for a bit, but I'm finding my footing and getting back on the trail.

We are adjusting.

Taking deep breaths.

Enjoying quiet moments together as a family of five.

Living in a house with the bare minimum until we find our final destination.

All three kids are adjusting well. When the boys spot things they recognize from their home in Virginia they hold it up, get this gleam in their eye, and say "Home!" They have also been walking around claiming everything as "new." "New door." "New wall." "New carpet." "New windows." "New kitchen." "New sink." You get the idea. :) They seem to be happy wherever they are, and for that I am thankful.

My mood has been all over the board. Some moments I am giddy with this adventure, with a fresh start, with knowing my family is so close by. But then at other times I have moments where I miss our home. I miss our routines. I miss my friends. I miss our other family.

It's just a lot of change, but overall it's really going great.

Tomorrow the kids and I are going to spend the day out exploring. There are a couple of parks we need to check out (the essentials when you have young children!).

And now...just a few recent pictures to share.


Easter_2011_075

My entire family. We started with just five of us, and now look! It was so wonderful to spend Easter together.


IMG_7547

My precious Adie Padie. She is starting to get up on her knees and rock back and forth. I so can't handle the idea of another mobile child!


IMG_7554

Grayson John. He is such a tender boy. My little cuddler and inquisitive soul. "Whas Dat?" is asked about everything!


IMG_7504

Ha! This is the only recent picture I have of Ethan that isn't a blur! Unless he is eating something he usually is on the move! He is a smartie pants. A happy boy. A sweet, sweet child.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to your new home! I hope it's the beginning of a new and wonderful life for the five of you!

    I think it was the end of last week I was going to ask if you wanted to come over for another play date, but then I saw your previous post and realized I was too late! If you're ever in the area and have a few free hours, let me know! Jack and Ava still ask about our "new friends, the twin boys."

    Have a fun day exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great family picture!!! Adie, Grayson, and Ethan look so "grown-up" to me. Oh how I miss them and you and Chris...but we will be there in June!!!! Can't wait to see you all and your MN family. Lots of love, hugs, and kisses for all of you:)
    Mawmaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are precious Beth. You really captured the kids!! Adie Padie is like a China Doll! I love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails