Sunday, November 20, 2011

A New Baby

No...not mine.

Photobucket
But I will claim her as my niece, that is a certainty!

Photobucket

This past Wednesday morning she arrived. The kids and I were there with my Mom and brother David to welcome her in to this crazy world. It was so incredible to be there for that moment. To see the look on my brother's face when he came in to the waiting room and announced, "I have a girl! Gabrielle Kathryn!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Her first name means Strength of God.

Photobucket
Her middle name is after my mother (yes, she was a bit excited about that!)

She was 9 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 inches long. She is the chubbiest, most darling little girl with a head full of dark hair.

I love seeing my brother and sis with a daughter of their own!!! Michael was completely taken within minutes. I witnessed his heart being stolen away second by second as he held that little pink headed girl in his arms.

There is just something about having a little girl. (Right Davene?) :)

The other night I snuck back down to the hospital alone, just to get my hands on her.

Photobucket

Oh the smell of baby. It is a beautiful thing.

In other news, it has been a remarkable weekend. Not remarkable in the sense that anything extraordinary happened, but just remarkable in the fact that our family soaked each other up and as I sit here tonight I feel full.

Today we ate lunch together at a restaurant and nobody cried, spilled their drink, choked on food, or went wild. It was just a pleasant lunch where I actually found myself leaning back and eating my food. (In the past I would realize that my entire body was tense with my eyes darting to the left of me, the right of me, across from me...all the while my arms flailing about trying to maintain some sort of control).

My mind is going 1,000 miles an hour with all these tangents it wants me write about...but instead I need to stop it here and perhaps turn some of those tangents in to subsequent posts!

<span class=Photobucket" src="http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/freesnowcones/name.jpg">

2 comments:

  1. Yes, there is! Oh, I can hardly wait to hold my own little daughter in my arms!!! :)

    So...does meeting your new niece make you long for another baby? ;-)

    Congratulations to the whole family! What fun to have girl cousins so close in age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having fun exploring your blog! I am your newest follower!! -Amy

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails