Monday, March 5, 2012

Menu Planning With Pinterest

I have been pinning stuff like a mad woman for the past few months, and now I am going to put my money where my mouth is (or perhaps I should say, put my mouth where my mouse is), and we are going to have a week or two of eating recipes that I have pinned to my food board.

Here is what’s on the menu for this week:

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Crock Pot BBQ Beer Chicken

Easy Garlic Chicken. Photo by Derf

Easy Garlic Chcken

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Whole Wheat Biscuits (To go with spaghetti dinner)

slow cooker chicken tacos

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

I have realized two things while planning my menu this afternoon:

1. 4 out of the 6 things posted here contain chicken. I’m not a compulsive poultry eater, but perhaps subconsciously I am drawn to recipes that contain this bird ingredient. (After my children helped my father raise baby chicks last year, and those said chicks are now in my parents freezer and used to make soup that was in turn fed to this daughter without her knowledge of their presence in my bowl – I now like to think of poultry as just another ingredient, like lettuce for instance, and give no seconds thought to the origin of it.)

2. After my rant above I have completely forgotten what the other point was that I intended to make. Ahhh well. I’m sure it was quite profound.

Smile

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth, I just love your blog and feel like you are such a part of our life right here in Virginia when I read it and share the fun happenings with others. Your meals sound delicious and I cannot wait to try some of these yummy recipes!!!!! I feel your pain when you speak of that two legged "ingredient";)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, Those look like some yummy recipes, and things that my family would actually be willing try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails