Monday, August 9, 2010

Where Are My Shades?

35 weeks and 4 days along today. Wow, that feels good! Little lady does not appear to be wanting to leave her nest anytime soon.

Last Friday at my weekly check-up I was given a quick ultrasound just to check position, fluids, etc.etc.etc. The doc was poking and prodding around on my belly with her hand before she started and she said "I think she's head down now!" "Oh no," I, Dr. Mom, assured her. "She has been breech this entire time and I haven't felt her move at all, so I'm pretty sure she's still got her little hind end down there."
Well - upon taking a peek we see that indeed she is no longer breech! Her little head is now right down there where it belongs and her feet and directly in line with my ribs to make for some pretty good kicks!

I was measuring about a week ahead, which means she's even bigger than we probably originally thought. I'm okay with that!

She is just looking perfect in there. She was practicing her breathing and her little heart was just beating away around 150 bpm.

I was told that I could gradually begin to do more here and there around the house. I still shouldn't get too cocky until 37 weeks, but at least now I can help out a bit in the kitchen, fold some laundry, change a diaper or two, and just get involved in my house again! It feels so good! The boys seem to be enjoying having their Mommy back and have wanted to do a lot of cuddling and get some TLC here lately.

In addition to helping around the house I am also scheduling a few short little outings to get out of the house too! A pedicure and haircut are in my foreseeable future!

I also was so touched when two dear friends,Dana and Mary, threw me a mini baby shower last week. It just so happened that Mary was in town at the same time as my Mom, so they threw together a little celebration of this new life that will soon join our family! It was just so thoughtful and felt so nice to get out of the house for few minutes!


So...all in all, doing good! Finishing up some projects here while I have the time, realizing that soon this time of laying around will really be a thing of the past!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is going so well. I miss ya already and want to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails