Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Four Year Old Mice

Last night Adelyn and I were sitting upstairs Skyping with Aunt Mary.  We were having a great conversation and Adelyn was enjoying singing song after song to her precious Auntie.  Then Ethan comes upstairs rubbing his tummy and says, “My tummy is so warm!”  I was a bit curious as to why he would make such a statement, but didn’t think much of it. 

Then, a few minutes later I realized that it was eerily quiet in the house.  I knew without a shadow of a doubt that my boys were in to something. Smile  Mother’s intuition I guess!

I carried the computer (along with Aunt Mary) downstairs and this is what I found:

2013-01-14_19-15-27_414

Just before going on the computer with Mary I had baked some apple cinnamon muffins to have for breakfast this morning. I knew that today was going to be a busy day and so I thought I’d give us a little head start by cooking these up the night before.  Well I guess the boys couldn’t resist this muffins sitting right out before them and proceeded to eat the tops off of all but two muffins out of twelve!

Our goodbye to Aunt Mary had to be pretty abrupt as this mother, while amused at her sons antics, had to dole out some consequences for this little stunt.

One of those consequences being that Adelyn and I will enjoy what is left of these muffins this morning for breakfast while the boys are served something else.  As Aunt Mary pointed out though – they have already gotten their fill! Smile

Never a dull moment!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this cute story!!! One day you will all laugh about it...bet their little mouths were drooling this morning while you and Adie were enjoying those yummy muffins...or what !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can make some this weekend for Bapa's warm tummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little love would ya? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails